What would you like to see on this blog?

Monday, September 13, 2010

The Weekend

      Well, I will say one thing it wasn't boring! First I found out my baby girl is moving eight hours away  in about two weeks, she got a new GREAT job which incidentally very close to where her boyfriend lives. And near his folks too but I'm just gonna miss her so darn much. The funny thin is she has absolutely no idea how hard this is gonna be for me, she's my only daughter and my youngest . I can't seem to find the right words to say to her, to let her know how proud I am of her independence and her successes and that all the pride and happiness I feel for her does nothing to quell the terrible searing ache her moving so far away leaves in my heart.  Now I know that I have depression issues AND I know that the Dr. is mid weaning me off one medication so we can try to find something better and that none of that is helping this situation. but my family all know all of this too and Still I feel like I have to try to hide how I feel because they will ....lets just say not react well. How fair is that??  OK enough of that.                                                                                           On Saturday DH and I went to the local county fair. we saw the chickens and turkeys, pigeons and ducks, cows, horses,goats, sheep and a pig or two. We didn't go to the swimming pig races this time, been there, done that. we also saw all the handmade jams and jellies, pies, cakes, muffins and so on. They looked yummy...this fair also has a photo contest, some pics were really amazing some were OK, I think the judges MAY have needed new glasses per their choices of a few of the winners. Oh well se' la vie. The BEST thing at this fair was the wood turning group!  They had it set up so that anyone, for 8$, could step up to a lathe and "turn" a wooden pen. Which I did!!  I'll post pics of me doing so and of how it turned out just as soon as I figure out how to do so {grin} Hey I did warn y'all I knew nothing about computers. Since I'm  feeling pretty good today I'm gonna go try to do some work in my studio. I'll let you know how it goes later.  Till then
See ya, Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment